One of the primary reasons Ludwig is The Most Famous Name On Drums is the legendary Black Beauty Snare Drum. The Black Beauty is one of the most recorded snare drums of all time. The Black Beauty is constantly requested by A list record producers across the globe for their recording sessions. Many professional drummers regardless of endorsements also have at least one if not a few models of the Black Beauty as apart of their snare collections.
The Black Beauty is constructed of a single sheet of brass that is machine drawn into a seamless beaded shell. Due to their truly unique and difficult manufacturing process, only a very limited number of Black Beauties are available each year from Ludwig USA.
A true American original, the Black Beauty provides a warm, round metallic tone that is often imitated, but never duplicated.
The LB417 shown here sits right in the middle of the black beauty line up, it's probably one of the most popular and recognisable models. The LB417 has a 14 x 6.5 beaded brass shell, imperial lugs and the new P88AC Throw Off.
- LB417 - 14 x 6.5 Smooth Shell
- New Design Keystone Badge
- Imperial Lugs
- 1.2mm Seamless Brass Shell
- Black Nickel Plated
- 2.3mm Steel Triple Flanged Hoops
- P88AC Throw Off
- P35P Butt Plate
- Ludwig Weather Master Medium Coated Batter Head
- Ludwig Weather Master Clear Snare Side Head
- 10 lug Model
- Made in the U.S.A. - A timeless classic ready to deliver Ultimate snare tone!