2002 Black Label Big Beat represent a modernized yet timeless interpretation of the legendary 2002 sound. Visually, the cymbals feature a distinctly new hammering pattern for the 2002 family, a slightly darkened, semi-matted finish and simplified black logos to distinguish the Big Beat set. With the 2002 Black Label Big Beat models, Paiste take the 2002 sound into a new realm, while preserving the legendary 2002 heritage.
- Since: 2016
- Alloy: CuSn8 Bronze, also known as 2002 Bronze
- Applications: Soft to loud settings - Live and recording - Rock, Indie-Rock, Blues, Rock n' Roll, Country, R&B, Soul, Gospel and modern hybrids rooted in those styles
- Sound: Warm, deep, brilliant, lush, full, wide - Big Beat cymbals are rooted in the world of 2002 Bronze, with its celebrated brilliance, clarity, precision and strength. Big Beat models add particular warmth, depth and complexity to the mix. They are perfect for broad, voluminous sound without being overly aggressive.
16" Black Label
- Weight: medium thin top / medium bottom
- Volume: medium low to loud
- Stick Sound: broad, fat
- Intensity: lively
- Sustain: medium
- Chick Sound: pronounced
Sound Character: Full, warm, deep, wide. Medium wide range, complex mix. Responsive, giving feel. Broad stick over full, fat, wet open sound. Rich, pronounced, deep chick. Big, driving, versatile hi-hats for wide ranging settings.