Masters started out as an assemblage of twelve rides - exquisite and laboriously hand-manufactured cymbals made of CuSn20 bronze to achieve superior sound ideals in various musical genres. In 2014, three crashes and two hats join the series to expand the unique Masters sound atmosphere to additional cymbal types. Masters integrate the experience of the decades long art of cymbal making with the inspirations of international top drummers.
- Since: 2011
- Alloy: CuSn20, also known as Traditional Bronze
- Applications: Low to loud settings - live and recording - Jazz, Blues, R&B, Funk, Pop and Country
- Sound: Warm, full, rich, deep, broad. A wide variety of sound concepts from dark to bright, dry to sustaining, pronounced to washy, smooth to strong. Each cymbal has its very own sound character that has to be experienced.
- Size: 17" Masters Dark Crash
- Weight: medium thin
- Volume: low to medium loud
- Stick Sound: silky, washy
- Intensity: very lively
- Sustain: medium long
- Bell Character: integrated
Sound Character: Dark, warm, smoky. Medium wide range, complex mix. Buttery, soft feel with quick response. Rich, dark, mystical crash sound with tender clarity. Extremely lively cymbal for broad accents and crashes in intimate to semi-loud settings. Well suited for delicate ride patterns or mallet swells.