Paiste Sound Technology stands for first-class manufactured cymbals and high quality sound design at an affordable price. PST5 is the entry to Paiste's world of bronze cymbals and since its introduction in 2005, it continues to be a best seller. Considering recent musical trends, the PST5 was newly designed by our Swiss Sound Development Team. Visually the PST5 were consciously altered only in detail but their fundamental sonic value changed considerably. The cymbals are lighter resulting in a deeper, warmer sound while preserving its bright basic character. They have increased flexibility resulting in a more appealing feel. Overall the new PST5 is significantly more musical.
- Since: 2014
- Alloy: CuSn8 Bronze, also known as 2002 Bronze
- Applications: All volume settings - Live playing - Entire range of music styles
- Sound: Bright, clean, focused, cutting and energetic with full functional and very musical characteristics
20" Rock Ride
- Weight: heavy
- Volume: medium to very loud
- Stick Sound: strong
- Intensity: lively
- Sustain: long
- Bell Character: separated
Sound Character: Bright, powerful, clear, sharp. Narrow range, clean mix. Heavy feel. Piercing clear ping over a controlled wash. Very strong, cutting bell sound. Assertive ride for loud situations.