Paiste Sound Technology stands for first-class manufactured cymbals and high quality sound design at an affordable price. PST7 adds an affordable line for drummers who like a traditional sound, look and feel. PST7's base is CuSn8 bronze which stems from the legendary 2002 series. The cymbals are lathed by their Swiss hand craftsmen to achieve their distinctive traditional look and finish. The result of Paiste's precise Swiss manufacturing is a warm and clear overall sound and by offering three weight classes, light/thin, medium and heavy, PST7 covers a wide range of different music styles.
- Since: 2014
- Alloy: CuSn8 Bronze, also known as 2002 Bronze
- Applications: All volume settings - Live playing and casual recording - Entire range of music styles
- Sound: Bright, traditional, airy, clean with warmth, clarity and tonal definition
- Weight: medium heavy
- Volume: low to loud
- Stick Sound: balanced
- Intensity: fairly controlled
- Sustain: medium long
- Bell Character: fairly separated
Sound Character: Bright, warm, distinct. Medium wide range, clean mix. Even, well controllable feel. Defined, slightly silvery ping over a clean wash. Clear, strong bell sound. Very versatile ride for multiple applications.