PREMIER ONE SERIES 'THE HACKNEY' 8 PIECE DRUM KIT, ONE OF A KIND, MAN MADE GREY WOOD VENEER (PRE-LOVED / EX-ARTIST KIT)
Here we have something incredibly unique and totally one of a kind. The Premier One Series Drums where all built as one off - one of a kind sets as the 101 badge suggests referring to serial no. 01 for each drum produced. All the One Kits are named after a town, city or place of interest in the UK, this one is named 'The Hackney" which is where the Artist who the kit was made for originates from. This is a totally hand made premium british built kit and was designed and built under the watchful eye of Master Drum Builder Keith Keough who has since gone on to form the incredible British Drum Company.
The kit is dated 1st June 2014 so it is one of the later kits from the series, the core shell on this kit is Birch, all the drums have a Mahogany Inlay and the outer veneer is a man made grey wood horizontal stripe veneer which looks and feels absolutely incredible. The kit features the Premier Elite Lug and also spec'd with genuine black Gauger RIMS mounts. Gauger are the original company who developed the RIMS mounting system and went under the name Purecussion in the 80's - 90's these are a great looking finish for this set.
The kit comes with two incredible snare drums too, one is a 14 x 7, the other a 13 x 6.5. At the moment we are keeping the entire package together but if somebody is interested in the kit with either one or neither of the snares we will be happy to discuss that, we will not offer the snares separately ahead of the kit sale as we feel the next owner of the kit deserves the options and choice.
The One Series along with many of Premiers other top of the line English built kits is an absolutely breath taking set, no attention to detail has been spared, tonally this kit reminds me of the Genista and Recording Custom (another kit that was built by Premier for a while in England) but the Mahogany delivers a slightly darker and more coloured tone to the toms, the bass drum is really punchy with an incredibly deep low fundamental note.
If you are looking for a kit that will stand out, be versatile and be totally unique this certainly could be the one for you. Like much of the English Built Premier this kit can now only accrue in value going forwards if well looked after and will tell a very unique story about a short but incredibly glorious period of drum building towards the end of Premiers UK drum building.
We see a lot of kits through Drumazon this one has been a pleasure to see, hear and review. The next owner is going to be incredibly pleased!
- Premier One Series 'The Hackney'
- 8 x 8, 10 x 8, 12 x 8, 14 x 12, 16 x 14 Toms
- 22 x 18 Bass Drum
- 14 x 7 Snare Drum
- 13 x 6.5 Snare Drum
- Manmade Horizontal Grey Stripe Outer Veneer
- Birch Core Shells with Mahogany Inner Ply
- Premier Elite Lugs
- 2.3mm Triple Flanged Hoops
- Original Gauger Black RIMS Mounts with Premier Brackets
- Premier Pewter Badges and 1 series badges on both Snares and Bass Drum, Hand Written Paper Badges on the inside of the snares and bass drum too.
- Hand Made in the UK and Totally One-Of-A-Kind
- This kit was never commercially available for sale but we estimate an original street price of £8000-£9000 for this set if it had been sold through a dealer
- PreLoved, Ex Artist - 9/10 Condition - Some signs of light use and played heads, this kit was transported in custom flight cases during travel