VK (VAN KLEEF) 13 X 4.5 COPPER LATTICE SNARE DRUM
We are very pleased to welcome Van Kleef to Drumazon. We are big fans of Alan's work. The look and sound of all his drums combined with his own 'made-in-house' snare mechanisms, lugs and even hoops make him a one of the truly great custom drum makers. Proudly all made 'in-house' in the UK, VK drums have found their way in to the collection of many professional drummers across the world because of their distinctive 'must have' sound.
The Copper Lattice
The VK copper snare has the feel of a 1920's orchestral snare drum. This drum is made from grade 101 copper with 99.99% purity, which is the purest form available, and the best choice for that copper VK snare sound.
The Van Kleef Copper has a unique sound that, combined with the resonant qualities of the pure copper shell range from full, rich tones at low tuning, to bright, articulate tones at slightly higher tuning. The construction of these drums is another reason the drums sound so good.
This Van Kleef drum has found it's way into the hands of many drummers including Steve White, Thomas Lang, Matt Chamberlain, to name only a few.
- 13 x 4.5 Copper Lattice Shell
- Grade 101 copper is the purest form for that unique VK copper sound.
- Straight stainless steel hoops all made in-house.
- Solid Sheffield stainless steel single point lugs, turned on a lathe, then drilled, tapped and polished by hand.
- Stainless steel lugs are brush finished on the sides and mirror polished on the front faces.
- VK-007 Sheffield stainless steel strainer and butt
- Sheffield stainless steel "VKey", silent ratchet drum key is designed to live inside the VK-007 strainer.
- "VK Drums" badge bolted to the shell,
- Puresound wires.
- Setup with Remo Ambassador heads
- Made by hand in Sheffield, England.