YAMAHA LOUD OAK 14 X 5.5 SNARE DRUM BLUE SPARKLE SUNBURST (PRE-LOVED)
For drummers that need a drum that will cut through, but still want the warmth of wood. Don't be fooled by the name, these snare drums are much more than their name suggests.
This is a special drum using YAMAHA's original OAK material, which is highly regarded in the world of rock thanks to its massive volume and short decay. Particularly, because nine vent holes release the excess air from the shell, the power of the snare drum concentrates on the backbeat. This system produces powerful bite and huge sound output. The lug and hoop are all finished in black chrome. Setting the lug in an offset position provides a sharper image as well.
- 14 x 5.5
- Finished in Blue Sparkle Sunburst
- Oak Shell, 8ply Oak shell sealed by the Yamaha Air-Seal System, the woods are cut into plies and sealed together precisely with evenly distributed air pressure.
- Dark Chrome DynaHoop Hoop, The 2.3mm DynaHoop offers a sharper response and more solid rimshots.
- Dark Chrome Separate Lug, This lug shape provides a sharper image
- Bearing Edge, R1, 45° In 40 years of product development, Yamaha has found four wood snare drum bearing edge designs that produce unique tonal character and depth. Sharp edges deliver sharper tone with excellent response and rounded angles produce a rounder, thicker tone. Varying the thickness of the radius top allows for further modification. Using different bearing designs on the top and bottom of the snare is also effective in modifying the tone.
- Snare bed depth greatly influences snare effectiveness making it the most important factor in creating the snare drum sound. This model's snare bed is 2.7mm that offers greater snare sensitivity.
- The number of vent holes in the shell has an impact on projection. The number of vent holes found in Yamaha snare drums will vary according to the type of tone being sought. The nine-hole design on the Loud Series delivers a crisp sound.
- Strainer - H type (Release) and B type (Butt)
- Hi-carbon steel 20 strand snare wire. (SN1420CP) for 5 1/2"size. *Snare Plate (Pat. Pend.) Yamaha snare plates offer superior snare to head contact due to the slight bend in their design. When the string is drawn tight, the edge of the patented snare plate is pulled upward putting the snare in full contact with the head. Snare plates in the CP series are made using a special bonding agent between the plate and the coil that provides greater durability and finer response compared to previous designs. Snare coils on CP series snare drums are now covered with a special new finish that allows more of the materialfs tone to come through.
- *Strong Snare Strings Nylon strings are covered with a nylon braid for maximum strength and durability.
- Used - Condition 9/10