LUDWIG SUPER CLASSIC 5 PIECE DRUM KIT, EMERALD SHADOW, 1989 (PRE-LOVED)
Here we have an absolute beauty. This is a 1989 Ludwig Super Classic in Emerald Shadow with Classic Lugs. The shadow finish has lightened a lot over the years and some parts do appear a lot lighter than other areas but the kit looks beautifully aged, sounds stunning and will be a fantastic live or studio kit.
The Shadow finishes were a unique process at the time revealing the maple grain, the stain finish was then UV treated and coated with polyurethane.
In 1989 Ludwig where pretty much exclusively using the Modular Tom holders as offered here, they had just returned to the Keystone badge and the Super Classic was the new 4 ply Maple option. This kit has the large and original Classic Lugs, The Telescoping Bass Drum Spurs, 2.3mm Hoops and is in the extra deep sizes which were very popular at the time.
This is a fairly rare opportunity to get one of these power sized Super Classics from this era, this kit is already a classic and will continue to serve its next owner for decades to come.
- 22 x 16 Bass Drum (drilled)
- 10 x 9, 12 x 11, 13 x 12 & 14 x 13 Extra Deep Toms
- Super Classic 4 ply 100% Maple Shell
- Classic Lugs
- Keystone Badge
- Emerald Green Shadow Stain Lacquer Finish
- Hand Made in Monroe, USA Circa 1989
- Includes Modular Double Tom Holder and Modular Double Tom Stand (LM-441-TSM)
- PreLoved - 7/10 Condition - Only Marked down because of the shell fading, the shells them selves and the metal work all in great condition, we all like the way the kit has faded because it has brought out more of the grain but may not be to everyones taste.