PEARL BLX PRESTIGE STUDIO 7 PIECE DRUM KIT, ARCTIC WHITE LACQUER, (PRE-LOVED)
So up for grabs here is a Pearl BLX sometimes referred to as 'Prestige Studio' 100% Birch Kit. The BLX was Pearl's top of the line series between 1988 and 1995 when Pearl phased it out to introduce the new thinner shelled Master Series. For a while the Masters MBX (4 ply Birch) was Pearls only Birch shell offering but later the original six ply birch shell as found on the BLX was introduced back by popular demand in to the Masters line up as BRX.
The BLX was a major favourite in Pearls line up, its competition at the time was the Yamaha Recording Custom and tonally this kit delivers a very similar vibe and has similar looks in terms of it's hi-tension lugs etc. Research and Designed by Pearl Japan, the BLX was one of the first kits to be produced in the new Taiwanese facility which went on to produce all of Pearls drums across the series (with the exception of Masterworks)
The BLX and MLX (maple alternative) and Big Brother series CZX (thicker maple) were the drums that put Pearl on the map, new hardware innovations, improved shell design and finishing techniques, striking looks and solid sound! There are still current Pearl Endorsees favouring to use this era of Pearl in the studio and live up to the present day, when you sit behind one and hear it, there is no surprise why.
The kit we have here is from 1992. This is an amazing find with the full array of toms, everything is original and this kit still has a lot of life left in it. The drums have regular bumps from snare contact and general wear and tear from 25 years of service.
This kit will benefit from a new set of heads and then it is going to be a fantastic work horse, live or in the studio and with an array of configurations possible!
- Pearl BLX Prestige Studio Professional Series
- 8 x 8, 10 x 10, 12 x 10, 13 x 11, 14 x 12 & 16 x 14 Toms
- 22 x 16 Bass Drum
- 6 Ply, 7.5mm 100% Premium Birch Shells
- Arctic White Lacquer Finish
- Naturally EQ'd tone with brilliant highs and increased lows
- Hi-Tension Lugs
- SP-20 Bass Drum Spurs
- TH95 Tom Holders included for 6 toms
- 6/10 condition - pitting on the chrome typical of this age of kit only noticeable very close up, general marks and scratches. Shells and Moving Parts in excellent working and original condition. Front Bass Drum Hoop is quite scuffed but could be easily re-finished.