PREMIER SIGNIA DS 4 PIECE DRUM KIT, DARK WALNUT SPECIAL EDITION WITH GOLD ACCENTS (PRE-LOVED)
Here we have a Premier Signia DS with a story. The Signia was launched by Premier in 1992, we know this one was made in 1997. The Signia series delivered several new design innovations for Premier such as the suspension mounts, the use of 5mm 5 ply Maple shells with precision engineered Beech reinforcement rings (top and bottom) and the 6mm undersized shells which help the drum to sustain better. The Signia DS was launched as a facelift option in 1997 featuring gold accents on the lugs and the newly introduced Dark Walnut Satin Finish with offset Natural Wood Bass Drum Hoops.
The previous owner of this drum kit was a pro player who has unfortunatley had to give up drumming due to an injury. The kit has been owned by him from new and the shells are in 100% immaculate condition (seriously no marks at all - Signia kits often have avoided the typical shell rashes because of the long tube lugs. Because the kit has been stored for a long time sadly the Gold accents have pitted, all the diamond chrome parts are in great condition, the pitting is limited to the gold parts. We have spent some time servicing the kit, fitted new Batter Heads, A new replica flat gold logo head to match the original release spec has been made and fitted and a serious clean up to get the gold and chrome back as good as possible.
This is a stunning kit, Premier were absolutely at the top of their game when they were making these drums, it's already turned lots of heads in the shop. Something about this colour combination just really works. The matching snare is included here too, someone is really going to enjoy this!
- 12 x 10 & 16 x 14 Toms
- 22 x 18 Bass Drum Virgin Bass Drum with off set Natural Hoops
- 14 x 5.5 Matching Snare Drum
- 5mm North American 100% Maple Shells with Beech Reinforcement rings
- Dark Walnut Satin Finish
- Hi-Tension Lugs Gold and Diamond Chrome
- Premier Diamond Chrome Plating
- 2.3mm Triple Flanged Hoops throughout
- Premier Isolated Suspension System (unique to Signia) On toms and Bass Drum Claws
- Hand Made at the Premier Factory, Leicestershire, England in 1997
- Fitted with New 12,14,16 & 22 Ambassador Coated Batter Heads
- Brand New Flat Gold Premier Logo Head Fitted
- Original Premier Resonant Heads on Toms and Snare
- PreLoved - Shells 10/10 - Gold 6/10 - Chrome 8.5/10 - This kit is going to be for a player more so than a collector, stand away from it and the pitting is not visible, the sound of the kit is phenomenal, at 21 years old this kit is vintage now and delivers both great durability and sound.