SONOR LITE (SONORLITE) SCANDINAVIAN BIRCH DRUM KIT, 3 PIECE, GRAPHITE LACQUER, (PRE-LOVED)
The stunning German Sonor kits keep rolling in! Here we have a late 1980's SonorLite. Made from Scandinavian Birch and finished in Graphite Lacquer. We believe this kit may have a bit of a famous past but we are still trying to find out more. This is quite a rare SonorLite in terms of its sizes, there aren't a great deal around with the 24 x 17 bass drum. The tone on this set is outstanding. The Sonorlite has been somewhat of a 'go-to' for many recording artists over the years and it's no surprise why. If you are looking for a big sound, this is it!
Sonorlite drums were originally developed in response to drummers who were not only seeking an instrument with high quality sound, but also required a light, rigid shell design.
"In the construction of Sonorlite we have strived to meet the most demanding sound requirements. The same high manufacturing standards that we use in our full Sonor product range have naturally been applied to Sonorlite. Nothing has been compromised, We have given painstaking attention to even the smallest detail"
The Sonorlite Shell
The Sonorlite drum shell is unique in several respects. It is made from Scaninavian Birch, which is also used in the production of aircraft. Its ratio of strength to weight is particularly favorable to percussion, so that a Sonorlite shell can be nearly 50% lighter than comparable shells. Snare drums and bass drums are 12-ply and measure 7mms, while tom and floor tom shells are 9-ply and measure 6mms.
The Sonorlite Sound
Sonorlite drums produce a warm, rich and modern sound. The balanced sound volume is achieved by special shell sizes. Every Sonorlite shell is veneered inside with selected plies of high-quality Scandinavian Birch, giving them the final touch to the sound.
- SonorLite Scandinavian Birch Drum Kit
- Graphite Lacquer (GL)
- Inner ply finished with Grade A Scandinavian Birch (MB)
- LG24 - 24 x 17 Bass Drum 12 Ply
- LT13 - 13 x 10 Tom 9 Ply
- LFT16 - 16 x 17 Floor Tom 9 Ply
- Seamless Ferro Manganese Hoops on all Toms
- Snap Lock Tension Rods
- Includes Tom Arm and Floor Tom Legs
- Made in Germany Circa 87-89
- PreLoved - Condition 6/10 - This kit has been used a lot over the years, there are a lot of lacquer chips on the three shells (nothing down to the wood), the metal work is in exceptional condition and the internal bearing edges and inner finish are perfect. This set would be great for anyone looking for a serious live or recording workhorse.