These venerable cymbals - developed during the 1960's rapid expansion of popular music - were faithfully recreated and re-launched by Paiste in 2005. Giant Beat cymbals offer the big, warm, brilliant vintage sound that takes you straight back to the roots of Rock.
- Since: 1967
- Alloy: CuSn8 Bronze, also known as 2002 Bronze
- Applications: Soft to loud settings - Live and recording - Blues, Rock n' Roll, Beat Music, Rock, Country
- Sound: Bright and warm with a multilayered, full, dark, glassily splendid presence and a wonderfully loose, lively and big feel
18" Giant Beat
- Weight: medium thin
- Volume: soft to loud
- Stick Sound: clear, washy
- Intensity: lively
- Sustain: long
- Bell Character: integrated
Sound Character: Deep, dark, rich, brilliant, warm. Wide range, fairly complex mix. Even, balanced, very responsive feel. Pearly, wooden ping over a wide, deep, full wash. Big, swelling crash sound. Strong, articulate embedded bell. An ultimate classic sound, developed in 1967 during one of popular music's most revolutionary eras.